Java Chip Frappuccino with Shakeology - Starbucks Copy Cat but Healthier

Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Recently my sister turned me on to the Java Chip Frappuccino from Starbucks and it was very tasty to say the least! I mean, I'll admit it - I love Starbucks! But I don't like going there on a regular basis because I hate paying $4 a pop for a coffee and I know the content of their drinks are not healthy. They contain a lot of sugar, a lot of fat, and a lot of caffeine. So most of the time I make my own iced coffee at home knowing it's a lot healthier and tastes just as good.

When I heard on a radio segment how the Java Chip was quite the opposite of a healthy drink though, I looked up the nutrition facts I was determined right then and there to learn how to make my own at home in a healthier manner. And since I've been drinking my Shakeology I thought it would be a great addition to the drink and the perfect blended beverage to start my morning :).

Note: If you've never tried Shakeology then contact me. It's a whole food, clean eating meal replacement shake that is delicious. If you want to try it, click this link.

Here is a photo from Starbucks' website with the nutrition facts based on how they normally make the beverage without any special requests from the person ordering it:


As you can see from the photo it has 12g of Saturated Fat and 66g of Sugar amongst other things... So after looking up a variety of copy cat recipes and deciding I wanted to add the Shakeology to mine, this is what I came up with and it's delicious!

UPDATE: I have updated this recipe and wanted to share with you my even cleaner Starbucks Java Chip copycat recipe! I will leave the old recipe at the bottom of the page.



Ingredients:
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup plain Coconut Milk
1/2 cup brewed coffee (cooled)
1 serving of Chocolate Shakeology
1/8 cup chocolate chips
About 10 ice cubes

Put all ingredients in the blender in the order listed and blend until smooth enough to drink through a straw. That's it! Enjoy! And note that this recipe makes between a Grande and Venti size frappuccino.





Old Recipe Ingredients:
1 cup plain Coconut Milk
1 packet of instant coffee or 1/2 cup brewed coffee (cooled)
1 packet of Chocolate Shakeology
1 tbsp. of chocolate syrup (optional)
1/8 cup chocolate chips (I used mini ones)
About 10 ice cubes

Note: You don't need a lot of chocolate syrup or chocolate chips because the Shakeology adds a lot of chocolate flavor.




Put all ingredients in the blender in the order listed and blend until smooth enough to drink through a straw. That's it! Enjoy! And note that this recipe makes between a Grande and Venti size frappuccino.




8 comments

  1. Oooh, I'm excited to try this! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much is a packet of instant coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They come in a box of 6 for about $2. The only place I can get them is at Wal-Mart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops I meant like how much does it make lol. I used about a cup of coffee I believe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't make the coffee first and then add. I just pour the instant powder right in the frapp! But I think you can use about 1 cup of coffee and still be fine :). Just experiment and let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Get Notifications